Charlotte Tilbury has me in a chokehold – all the products look so glamorous! Celebs and everyday people alike rave about classics such as the Pillow Talk lipstick and the Hollywood Flawless Filter primer. But when it comes to a mostly water-based spray to set makeup with – should you really spend $40 on it? If you want to save the money, here are the best Charlotte Tilbury Setting Spray dupes that work just as well.
Charlotte Tilbury Setting Spray
Let’s dive deeper into what makes the Charlotte Tilbury Setting Spray so popular, and why people pay so much for it! That way we know what our dupes need to have well.
First, it’s well known that one of the reasons why high-end products are so expensive is the packaging. I can’t lie, the Charlotte Tilbury packaging is very luxe as I said above. So, in my opinion, the Setting Spray would be worth the money if that aesthetic makes you happy, or if you like to display your makeup.
Second, here are some of the key ingredients of the Charlotte Tilbury Setting Spray:
- “Flawless Film Formers” – act as an invisible shield to set makeup, and prevent it from creasing, settling into lines, or separating.
- Japanese Green Tea Extracts – helps make the skin feel softer and more hydrated.
- Aloe Vera – contains vitamins and minerals that CT claims will leave the skin feeling smooth and supple.
- Aromatic Resin – this is a resin from the bark of a Greek tree that is supposed to keep the pores clear.
What does the Charlotte Tilbury Setting Spray do?
Basically, all of these ingredients work together to prime and lock in your makeup look for 16 hours. Users are said to feel like they have a “weightless veil” that sets the makeup, making it look like it was just applied even after hours of wear!
The spray also contains ingredients that blur, perfect, and enhance the skin as the perfect final touch to your look. Plus, it is supposed to leave a matte look rather than a dewy/glowy finish.
Last, there is a fresh floral scent to the Charlotte Tilbury Setting Spray.
Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Setting Spray Dupes
Let’s find the closest dupes to this spray!
Makeup Revolution Conceal & Define Infinite Mattifying Longwear Makeup Fixing Spray
This is definitely a mouthful to say, but don’t worry about that! This is a close match to the CT setting spray for many reasons.
- Both products contain the same amount of setting spray (100 ml)
- Both have 16 hour wear
- Both contain Aloe Vera extracts
- Sleek Packaging
Here is how the Makeup Revolution Conceal & Define Setting Spray differs from Charlotte Tilbury’s:
- The nozzle sprays a very strong mist, and can almost cause makeup to run if you over do it
- There is a very strong, heavy fragrance that doesn’t smell the best
- High % of alcohol denat. (2nd listed ingredient)
- $10 at Ulta
Overall, this spray is supposed to be a very close dupe for CT but won’t completely keep you matte/transfer-proof at the end of the day. A big point to consider is that alcohol denat. is the second ingredient on the list for the Revolution Setting Spray. This can be very drying to some, and the Charlotte Tilbury Setting Spray doesn’t list alcohol denat at all.
e.l.f. Cosmetics Stay All Night Micro-Fine Setting Mist
e.l.f. comes out with lots of must-have, viral makeup! Despite being a very inexpensive drugstore brand, they really work hard to create great products everyone can afford. The e.l.f. Stay All Night Micro-Fine Setting Mist is similar to CT in these ways:
- Both have 16 hour wear
- Specialized nozzle similar to Charlotte Tilbury for a very fine mist
- Infused with Aloe Extract to help hydrate and soothe the skin
- Light and fresh smell
Here is what makes the Stay All Night Setting Mist different from Charlotte Tilbury’s:
- The e.l.f. spray is in an 80 ml bottle
- It is paraben & sulfate free, which CT is not
- Again, alcohol denat. is 2nd listed ingredient
- Nozzle can clog
- Lime green packaging
- $10 at Ulta
If avoiding parabens and sulfates is important to you, I believe that this e.l.f. Stay All Night Micro-Fine Setting Mist will be your favorite dupe!
Sephora All Day Makeup Setting Spray
I discovered this Charlotte Tilbury dupe on TikTok. It is said to be another great option that will make your makeup look just as great as if you were using the more expensive CT Setting Spray. Here are the similarities:
- Both have 16 hour wear
- Both are clean products
Here is why you might not want to get the Sephora All Day Makeup Setting Spray over Charlotte Tilbury’s:
- Sadly, it doesn’t clearly say that their product is cruelty free so we have to assume it is not
- Ginseng extract is the main ingredient which is still hydrating but not an aloe extract
- Strong alcohol smell (2nd listed ingredient is alcohol denat., like the other dupes)
- $13 at Sephora
Milani Make It Last Setting Spray, Prime + Correct + Set
Milani is a drugstore brand that still has a very glam look to it. They have sleek packaging for their setting spray, and if you have seen their lipsticks, they look chic too! I think this brand has the same type of vibe just on a budget. The Milani Make It Last Setting Spray has really only two things in common with Charlotte’s spray though:
- Both 16 hour wear
- Both are cruelty free
While it is considered a dupe there are some noticeable differences that set the two sprays apart:
- 60 ml bottle. This makes it the smallest amount of product out of all the dupes
- Leaves a glowy finish vs matte
- No similar ingredient extracts
Final Thoughts on Charlotte Tilbury Setting Spray Dupes:
After reviewing these dupes to the real thing, I think the best dupe for Charlotte Tilbury Setting Spray is e.l.f. Cosmetics Stay All Night Micro-Fine Setting Mist! The spray mist is very similar, the smell isn’t too overpowering, and it has the closest ingredients and wear length to the original. Save your money and try out this dupe for only $10!
As another note, the Charlotte Tilbury spray doesn’t have SLS sulfates, formaldehyde, phalates, etc. but a lot of these dupes do. If you would like to avoid that it’s probably best to just pay for the Charlotte Tilbury option!
Do You Use Setting Spray Before or After Your Makeup?
You use it after doing your makeup to keep everything in place!
Is Charlotte Tilbury Setting Spray Good for Oily Skin?
Yes! The point of setting spray is to help keep makeup from fading, or sliding around on the face. Using a spray, just like the Charlotte Tilbury Setting Spray, actually leaves a matte finish so it is great for those with oily skin.